Cheap Land in Maine near Penobscot River
The state’s longest and most beautiful waterway, the Penobscot River, lies just 8 minutes down the road from here and welcomes you with a host of recreational opportunities, like whitewater rafting and world-class fishing. Pick from one of two lots only 1.1 miles from one of the state’s major north-south thoroughfares, the consistently-maintained Highway 2, that leads to the bustling city of Bangor only 37 minutes away.
- Priced about 23% below market
- Direct Paved Road Frontage
- Two Different Frontage Roads (well suited for future possible north-south “subdivide & sell”)
- Just 1 mile from Hwy 2 (major north-south thoroughfare)
- Just 8 minutes from Penobscot River
- Very Light Restrictions
- Plat Map Available
- Very Flat & Buildable
PROPERTY: These two residential lots are separated by just a few hundred feet along the paved E Ridge Road in Greenbush and share extremely similar features. The main difference is size, as Lot 5 is a litte further west and weighs in at 4.6 acres, while the larger Lot 7 comprises 7.4 acres. Both offer extensive road frontage on paved E Ridge Road — 373 feet for Lot 5 and 300 feet for Lot 7 — and when the winter storms arrive, it’s nice being so close to the consistently-maintained Hwy 2 — only 1.1 miles away. The site is moderately wooded with no structures, but power does run along the road frontage and the lot is very flat, so the whole package is ready for your development. It’s ready for almost anything, in fact, because the restrictions here are very light! This idyllic Maine neighborhood is sparsely populated and very peaceful. When you’re ready to raft or fish one of the northeast’s great waterways, a put-in spot at the Penobscot River is just 8 minutes down the road. The Penobscot is known for both whitewater and smooth paddling, and it offers fishermen brook trout, salmon, smallmouth bass, and white perch. Prefer the modern trappings of city life? No problem, Bangor is a bustling shopping and entertainment mecca, with theaters, casino action, and a vast array of major retail including, of course, Walmart. After only about 15 minutes on the road to Bangor, you’ll hit Milford/Old Town and that’s where you’ll find the nearest grocery store.
PRICE for Lot 5 (4.6 acres) = $19,850
PRICE for Lot 7 (7.4 acres) = $29,730
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- Lot 5 =4.6 acres
- Lot 7 = 7.4 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated)
- Lot 5 = 100 E Ridge Rd, Greenbush, ME 04418
- Lot 7 = 126 E Ridge Rd, Greenbush, ME 04418
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot)
- Lot 5 = 45.1221, -68.6001
- Lot 7 = 45.1225, -68.5973
- Lot 5 = 011-033-005
- Lot 7 = 011-033-007
- SHORT LEGAL DESCRIPTION (download deed w/metes & bounds here)
- Lot 5 = East Ridge Road subdivision Lot 5
- Lot 7 = East Ridge Road subdivision Lot 7
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here
- download Lot 5 boundary/KMZ file here – works with Google Earth)
- download Lot 7 boundary/KMZ file here – works with Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate)
- Lot 5 = 373 ft east (along Ridge Rd) x 757 ft south x 207 ft west x 715 ft north to POB
- Lot 7 = 300 ft east (along Ridge Rd) x 893 ft south x 455 ft west x 200 ft northwest x 398 ft northeast x 593 ft north to POB
- Lot 5 = approximately 0.13 acres of wet lands at northeast corner (see in photo reel)
- Lot 7 = no wet lands
- ELEVATION: 168 feet
- TERRAIN: generally flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS (approximate)
- Lot 5 = 373 ft of direct frontage on E Ridge Road (public, paved) + 207 ft along Taylor Road (private, gravel)
- Lot 7 = 300 ft of direct frontage on E Ridge Road (public, paved) + 200 ft along Taylor Road (private, gravel)
- POWER: available along E Ridge Road
- WATER: well would be necessary
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G thru T-Mobile, 4G thru AT&T and Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- Lot 5 = $158.27 estimated for 2022 based on 2021 taxes
- Lot 7 = $261.48 estimated for 2022 based on 2021 taxes
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: very light (download full deed restrictions here)
- one single family home per lot
- mobile homes OK if no older than 10 years old
- no commercial development
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Greenbush < Bangor < Augusta
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Bangor International Airport (40 mins)
- CITY GOVERNMENT (207) 826-2050:
- Assessor (207) 826-2050
- Planning & Zoning (207) 826-2050
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to the GPS Coordinates listed in the Property Description above.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here for Lot5 and here for Lot 7. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
When you’re ready to raft or fish one of the northeast’s great waterways, a put-in spot at the Penobscot River is just 8 minutes down the road. The Penobscot is known for both whitewater and smooth paddling, and it offers fishermen brook trout, salmon, smallmouth bass, and white perch. Prefer the modern trappings of city life? No problem, Bangor is a bustling shopping and entertainment mecca, with theaters, casino action, and a vast array of major retail including, of course, a Walmart. After only about 15 minutes on the road to Bangor, you’ll hit Milford/Old Town and that’s where you’ll find the nearest grocery store.
- RETAIL: On the Run (grocery store), Dollar General, Walgreens
- RESTAURANTS – Subway, Freshies, Happy Thai, Kosta’s, Pepper’s Landing, Kanu, Outta the Ordinary, Woodman’s Bar & Grill, Black Bear Brewery
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, general practicioner
- RECREATIONAL – Penobscot River Trail, Binette Park, Fourth Street Park, Penobsoct Nation Museum, Old Town Bowling Center, Maine Forest & Logging Museum, Emera Astronomy Center
- RETAIL – Walmart, Target, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, TJ Maxx/Homegoods, Lowe’s, Tractor Supply Co, Kohl’s, Old Navy, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Bull Moose, LL Bean, Ulta, Hobby Lobby, Staples, Best Buy, Harbor Freight, Burlington Coat Factory, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, many others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Five Guys, Applebee’s, Longhorn Steakhouse, Starbucks, Firehouse Subs, Olive Garden, Denny’s, Chili’s, Chick-fil-A, Chipotle, Texas Roadhouse, Wendy’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen, Governor’s Restaurant & Bakery, Tim Hortons, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, full medical center, dentists, and vets
- RECREATIONAL – Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway, Bangor River Walkway, Maine Discovery Museum, Bangor Waterfront Pavilion, Stephen King tour, Penobscot Theatre Company, Bangor City Forest
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.