This private and secluded property, steeped in local history, is full of potential and natural beauty. This property is part of Chouteau Springs, which was a famous health resort area around the turn of the last century. The natural spring in this area was renowned for its beneficial health qualities.
With direct street access on well-maintained Choteau Springs Road, this spacious property has the best of both worlds: easy access to several nearby cities and towns, but the space and privacy that create a feeling of being nearly off-grid and secluded in nature. There is a live spring running through one of the parcels – make sure to check out the photos.
Make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page if you’d like to watch a drone video giving a detailed overview of the lot and surrounding area.
There is NO zoning in Cooper County Unincorporated Areas – do what you want with your land! Build a house, “shouse” or tiny house – outbuildings such as detached garages, workshops, sheds all allowed. Bring a mobile/camper/RV, or just leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature. The lots are currently mostly wooded, with a few clearings. There is a slight amount of slope on the property, but it’s definitely buildable and has multiple suitable spots for a home-site.
Additionally – this property is further sub-divided into 16 lots. You can keep it all together like it is, or develop and rent/sell the lots individually. This would also be ideal for someone wanting to make a small campground or have mini Air BNBs rentals.
Electricty is available in the area. For water, a well will be required; this property is not on public sewer so a septic stank or alternative system would be needed.
At $29,330, this is the cheapest parcel of this size listed in the entire county. The price range for 1-3 acre lots on the market is an average of $30-60k.
This property is located 15 minutes outside of Boonville, Missouri, a beautiful town located right on the Missouri River. With a population of around 8,000, it’s known for its charm, proximity to multiple parks and outdoor attractions, well-preserved historic landmarks, affordable living, and lively culture and arts scene. The entire region is rich in history, energized by growth, and ripe with opportunity. Here, you can find almost any of the basic amenities you might desire: restaurants, shops, a YMCA, a Walmart, hotels, supermarkets, churches, doctors, and more. The city provides helpful resources for new residents including information on utilities, housing, mail, and more.
Boonville has plenty of outdoor attractions, and is notably located right along the 237-mile Katy Trail State Park, which lures thousands of bike and outdoor enthusiasts every year. It’s home to over 450 sites and structures on the National Registry of Historic Places, and has many ways for you to experience its rich history dating back to the very early 1800’s. You can take tours at some of the local mansions, enjoy the self-guided walking tour or visit the Friends of Historic Boonville at the Old Cooper County Jail. You can also enjoy the Isle of Capri Casino, the Budweiser Clydesdales at Warm Springs Ranch, Golfing at Hail Ridge 18-hole golf course, or go swimming at the Boonville Aquatic Center.
Columbia, MO is just 35 minutes away – a larger city that offers a pleasing blend of sophistication and small-city charm in a diverse community. With a population of 100,000, including 30,000 college students at three separate institutions, Columbia has earned the nickname “College Town, U.S.A.”. Columbia offers a number of parks and trails for walking, jogging and biking, including the popular MKT Nature and Fitness Trail; large, clean public swimming pools; and hiking in nearby Rock Bridge and Finger Lakes state parks, the Mark Twain National Forest and more. Columbia experiences relatively mild winters and pleasant summers. Spring, summer and autumn are especially vibrant in Missouri with an abundance of beautiful trees and flowers. Shops, restaurants, galleries, comedy clubs, concert halls, dance clubs, theaters and cafes are plentiful in the lively downtown, many within walking distance of Columbia College. A large shopping mall is only a short city bus ride away
In addition, this property is located just about halfway between Kansas City (90 min) and St Louis (2 hr 20 min)- the two largest cities in the state, which provide all the urban excitement you could wish for within just a couple hours drive!
Call Scott directly at 760-607-3300 if you have any questions or would like to discuss making an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
- Price: $29,330
- Click Here For Exact Location on GoogleMaps. See below for viewing instructions.
- Size: 3.82 Acres
- APN: This property is split into 3 separate parcels. The acreages, APNs, and Legal Descriptions are as follows:
- 3.06 acres; 11-5.0-16-004-003-003.000; SW COR BOONVILLE ST. & CHOUTEAU AVE., SW 230′, NW 100′, NE 100′, NW 50 ‘, NE 125′, SE 150’, POB
- .65 acres; 11-5.0-16-004-001-004.000; POB NW COR BOONVILLE ST. & CHOUTEAU AVE., NE 272′, NW 150′, NE 60′, NW 210′, SW 60′, NW 150′, SW 80′
- .11 acres; 11-5.0-16-004-003-004.000; LOT 16, CHOUTEAU SPRINGS, 50′ X 100′
- Located in Pilot Grove, just outside of Boonville, in Cooper County, Missouri,
- Zip Code: 65233
- Lot’s Approximate Dimensions: 66.51 ft x 90.14 ft x 92.17 ft x 215.46 ft x 159.00 ft x 123.28 ft Approx; 66.55 ft x 94.09 ft x 67.67 ft x 93.26 ft Approx
- GPS Coordinates:
- Center of Lot (approx):
- 38.9236, -92.8913;
- 38.9227, -92.8915;
- 38.9226, -92.8921
- Elevation: Approximately 620 ft.
- Road Access: well-maintained gravel road
- Sewer: Septic system required.
- Water: Well Required.
- Electricity: Provided by CO-MO Electric Co-Op, which can be reached at 660-433-5521. There are power poles on the lot, so to set service up, you’ll be required to complete a membership application and pay a $150 new-service fee for the installation of a meter. From there, set-up/build fees will vary depending on what your plans are for the property, and where the structures requiring service are going to be located in relation to the posts. Because this will vary from buyer to buyer, we ask that if you have any questions about the cost/process of setting up electricity, you call and have the conversation directly with the service provider.
- 2020 Tax Amount:
- 3.06 Acre property: $98.69
- .65 Acre property: $7.10
- .11 Acre property: $5.15
- Taxes on this property are current. There are no back-taxes or liens on it.
- There is NO ZONING for this property – Do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock etc permitted
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- This property is not in an HOA and is not subject to any CC+Rs.
- Cooper County Assessor – 660-882-2646
- McDonald County Treasurer – 660-882-0451
- McDonald County Recorder/Clerk – 660-882-2114
- McDonald County Planning and Zoning Department – 660-882-2332
- GIS Website
- Nearest Airports: The Columbia Regional Airport is just 45 minutes away, and the Kansas City International Airport and St Louis Lambert International Airport are each approximately 12o miles east and west of Boonville, along I-70.
You can go view the property at your convenience. Owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible.
Driving Directions: Click HERE to open the destination in GoogleMaps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and GoogleMaps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 38.9230, -92.8914. The nearest neighbor with a physical address is at the intersection of Choteau Springs Dr + Choteau Springs Rd is 8488 Choteau Springs Dr, Pilot Grove MO 65276.
There is not a driveway, so please park on the side of the road or on the cleared portion of the lot that runs along Choteau Springs Rd. Please make sure not to park anywhere that would obstruct through-traffic.
PLEASE NOTE! To walk the property lines, we highly recommend an app called OnX Hunt, which uses your phone’s GPS system to show you property boundary lines, and allow you to walk them in real-time. You can follow THIS LINK to open the lot on OnXHunt (you’ll need to be logged in already to open it) – as the parcels are all owned together, this link will show the boundaries for all 3 lots. Make sure to save it as an Offline Map before you head out so that you can use the app even if you lose cell service. Because the lot is wooded, and surrounded on 3 sides by wooded lots, this is by far the best method to follow the boundary lines of the property. We highly recommend ensuring you have this all taken care of before you head out there!
They have a 7-day free trial, so you can download the app and use it for free. Just remember to cancel before the trial ends so you aren’t charged. If you have any questions about how to use OnX Hunt to walk the property lines, or download the directions, please call us before you go down to the property so we can walk you through it.
If you’re interested in making an offer… Call Scott directly at 760-607-3300 if you’d like to discuss making an offer.
We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
Please note: We do not offer owner-financing, but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.