Cheap Land in Battle Mountain, Nevada
Build just about whatever you want on this 20 acres of ranch land just 10 minutes south of downtown Battle Mountain.
- Paved Road Frontage
- Mountain Views
- Very Flexible Zoning (Mobile Homes OK)
- Priced about 10% Below Market
- Power Available
- Very Buildable: Flat, No Floodplain
- Cheap Taxes
PROPERTY: Just 10 minutes south of downtown Battle Mountain, this sprawling 20-acre ranch is the perfect spot for anyone looking for a little peace and quiet to enjoy these beautiful mountain views. The flat terrain, no floodplain encroachment, light brush, and flexible agricultural zoning makes this lot very buildable. 660 feet of direct frontage on Millard Fillmore Rd, a paved public road lined with power, provides quick and easy access to the property too. With no structures on site, you have a blank canvas to make this ranch your own from day one! Take advantage of being minutes away from hiking some of the area’s surrounding peaks or fishing in the Humboldt River that flows through town – all while living in a lightly populated and peaceful neighborhood. Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity at an unbeatable Acretown price!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 20 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 1975 Millard Fillmore Ave, Battle Mountain NV 89820
- GPS COORDINATES: 40.574626, -116.897035
- APN: 1140018
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: E2 SW4 NW4 10/31/45; EXEMPTION VAL: 1
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download plat map here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: will not convey (severed by a previous owner)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 660′ wide x 1320′ long
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 4543 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, very light brush
- ACCESS: 660 feet of direct frontage on Millard Fillmore Ave, a paved public road
- POWER: available
- WATER: none (well would need to be installed)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $246.61 in 2022
- HOA: none
- DEED RESTRICTIONS: none
- ZONING: A2 (Agricultural); read County zoning doc here (summarized below)
- mobile homes OK (on temporary or permanent foundation)
- building setbacks: 50′ from front, 25′ from side, 50′ from rear
- animals, livestock, etc OK
- farmers market OK
- many recreational and educational uses OK
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Battle Mountain (Elementary) – Battle Mountain (Middle School) – Battle Mountain (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Battle Mountain < Elko
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Battle Mountain Airport (9 mins), Elko Regional (1 hr 8 mins), Reno-Tahoe International (3 hrs 16 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (775) 635-2610
- Treasurer (775) 635-5127
- Recorder (775) 635-5173
- Clerk (775) 635-5738
- Planning & Zoning (775) 635-2860
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 40.574626, -116.897035.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Battle Mountain is a great destination for visitors looking to enjoy the outdoors. As the seat of Lander County, Battle Mountain offers plenty of recreational opportunities including camping, hiking and mountain biking at or near the 10 mountain peaks within a half-hour of this property. For those who prefer more “refined” recreation, the town also has a public golf course, with 9-holes and driving range facilities. You can also explore some old mining sites or take in a rodeo at the Rodeo Grounds.
For major big box retail like Walmart, Home Depot, Marshalls, JC Penney, and C-A-L Ranch, Elko is an easy hour’s drive east on I-80. This historic city, settled on the banks of the Humboldt River, serves as the gateway city to the north end of the Humboldt National Forest, which offers excellent camping, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, and much more. The Lamoille Canyon overlook offers breathtaking views of the majestic Ruby Mountains. Elko also features numerous historical sites such as the Northeastern Nevada Museum and California Trail Interpretive Center.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.