Cheap Land in New York near Lake Ontario
Check out this flat, cleared, and build-ready 4.9 acres of pasture land in the rural countryside just south of Albion and Lake Ontario.
- Very Buildable: Flat, Clear, No Wetlands
- Very Light Restrictions (Rural zoning)
- Paved Road Frontage
- Power & Water Available
- Bountiful Rivers Nearby; Just 23 Minutes to Lake Ontario
- Priced about 21% Below Market
PROPERTY: This 4.9 acres of cleared pasture land features about 203 feet of direct frontage on South Manning Road, a paved public road. There are no structures on site, but power and water does run along the road frontage so the whole package is very ready for your development. It’s ready for almost anything, in fact, because the Rural/Agricultural zoning which applies here allows for a wide spectrum of uses. The lot is generally flat with no wetlands encroachments, so it’s very buildable. This countryside neighborhood is lightly populated and very peaceful, yet within minutes of vital cities like Albion, which lies just 14 minutes away and offers critical retail like Walmart. When you’re ready for natural adventure, slip a boat into one of America’s Great Lakes — Lake Ontario — less than 25 minutes down the road, or go salmon fishing in Oak Orchard Creek. Very near to the Oak Orchard Dam is the Iruquois National Wildlife Refuge, considered one of western New York’s best kept secrets. On the flip side, the world famous Niagara Falls is no secret but it’s grandeur is undeniable and awaits you just over an hour away, accompanied by the bustling city of Buffalo. All in all, this lot places you ever-so comfortably in that “Goldilocks” zone — close enough to the big city when you need it, but far enough away for the peace and serenity you crave.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 4.9 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated): 4836 South Manning Rd, Holley NY 14470
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 43.178250, -78.096151
- APN: 342600-108-000-0002-072-112
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clean General Warranty deed – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 203′ x 1052′
- FLOODPLAIN: not USGS surveyed, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 679 feet
- TERRAIN: generally flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, pasture
- ACCESS: about 203 feet of direct frontage on paved South Manning Rd
- POWER: available
- WATER: available
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G available thru AT&T and T-Mobile, 4G thru Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $1,111.21 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: RA – Residential/Agricultural
- homes must have foundations
- setbacks: 90 feet from front, 30 feet from side and rear property lines
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Albion < Brockport < Rochester
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Greater Rochester International (38 mins), Buffalo Niagara International (54 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor 585-589-5400
- Treasurer 585-589-5353
- Clerk 585-589-5334
- Planning & Zoning 585-589-3197
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 43.178250, -78.096151.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
When you’re ready for natural adventure, slip a boat into one of America’s Great Lakes — Lake Ontario — less than 25 minutes down the road, or go salmon fishing in Oak Orchard Creek. Very near to the Oak Orchard Dam is the Iruquois National Wildlife Refuge, considered one of western New York’s best kept secrets. On the flip side, the world famous Niagara Falls is no secret but it’s grandeur is undeniable and awaits you just over an hour away, accompanied by the bustling city of Buffalo. All in all, this lot places you ever-so comfortably in that “Goldilocks” zone — close enough to the big city when you need it, but far enough away for the peace and serenity you crave.
NEARBY: Oak Orchard Marina on Lake Ontario (24 mins), Oak Orchard Dam & Salmon Fishing (23 mins), Lakeside Beach State Park (25 mins), Hamlin Beach State Park (28 mins), Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge (21 mins), Holley Canal Falls (12 mins), Niagara Falls (1 hr 15 mins)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Ace Hardware, Tops Supermarket, Save A Lot, Autozone, Walgreens, Kirby’s Farm Market, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Tim Hortons, Country Punkin’ Bakery, Romyn’s Smoked BBQ, Village House, Avanti Pizza, Burger King, Subway, McDonald’s, many others
- MED SERVICES? Yes, hospital, dentist, pharamacies
- RECREATIONAL – Erie Canal, Brown’s Berry Patch, Medina Railroad Museum, Hurd Orchards, Oak Orchard Lighthouse Museum, WNYSkydiving, Leonard Oakes Estate Winery
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: We recommend Five Star Bank in Albion, phone # 585.589.5555, as your best option for a land loan. They require 35% down and prefer credit scores of at least 700.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.