Cheap Hunting Land in Oklahoma in the Ouachita Mountains
Amongst the wandering white-tailed deer, coyotes, and black bears of the San Bois range of the Ouachita Mountains lies this excellent hunting property in southeastern Oklahoma. It’s just east of Robbers Cave State Park but still only 12 miles from Hwy 270 in Red Oak, which offers a Dollar Genearl and other basic services.
- No Restrictions
- Priced about 30% below market
- Ouachita Mountains – great area for hunting & recreation
PROPERTY: This 10.37 acre wooded, mostly rectangular parcel here in the scenic, rolling woodlands of the Ouachita Mountains makes a great hunter’s haven. No public roads stretch to the property so you will need to access it on foot or ATV through existing dirt pathways. The property is totally undeveloped but feel free to build a hunting cabin to guarantee your peace and solitude amongst the throngs of white-tailed deer and other roaming wildlife in these parts. Build anything you want, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! The land is generally flat and very buildable and neighbors are very few and far between. This is a great opportunity to retreat to the freedom and wilderness of the mountains at a discount price.
Cheapest 10 acre hunting tract in Latimer County!
Cheap Hunting Land In Oklahoma near Robbers Cave State Park
You came here to hunt and play but you still need food and basic supplies, and you can get all that in Red Oak about 12 miles away. This small town of 500+ folks offers a diner, bank, post office, E-Z Mart convenience store, and a Dollar General.
Roughly 17 miles to the south lies the Latimer county seat of Wilburton with a good-sized population of about 3,000. Naturally, you have a lot more choices here in retail, dining, and government services, including a couple fast food joints in McDonalds and Pizza Hut. You also have a few motels, including the 4-star rated Travelers Inn and a college has even been established on the west side of town — Eastern Oklahoma State. You have another Dollar General here but also Roy’s Cardinal Food Store and Handy Stop for a little variety in grocery stores. Other retail includes a True Value hardware, Tractor Supply, thrift store, and cannabis dispensary. If your body or your car starts failing, you have an family medical clinic and auto repair shop at your disposal too.
Wilburton is the stock-up point for a lot of people heading to Robbers Cave State Park. In the scenic, hilly woodlands of the Sans Bois Mountains, this park is a favorite of rappellers, equestrians, hikers and outdoor lovers. It is named for the famous outlaw cave hidden in the formation of 300 to 1,500-ft sandstone hills and cliffs. The park and adjoining wildlife management area offer acres of discovery and enjoyment including seasonal trout fishing and hunting, miles of hiking and equestrian trails, rugged cliffs for climbing and stunning fall foliage viewing. You can stay overnight in one of the many campgrounds here or in more luxurious accomodations at the Belle Starr View Lodge. The most popular camgrounds in the area include Red Bud, Eagles Nest, Lake Wayne Wallace, and Bobcat Crossing. Once a former hideout for outlaws Jesse James and Belle Starr, Robbers Cave State Park is an 8,246-acre park with 189 combined lake acres with Lake Carlton, Lake Wayne Wallace and Coon Creek.
The nearest Walmart is in McAlester, OK about 40 miles to the west. Lowe’s Home Improvement also set up shop here, so you can expect a wide selection of merchandisers and services in this city of about 18,000. It’s also the largest city within the Choctaw Nation, which is a Native American territory covering almost 7 million acres, occupying a large part of southeastern Oklahoma. The Choctaw Nation is the third-largest federally recognized tribe in the United States and the second-largest Indian reservation in area after the Navajo.
The nearest major metropolitan areas are Fort Smith, Arkansas 74 miles to the east, Oklahoma City 170 miles to the west, and Tulsa 130 miles to the north. Fort Smith is obviously the closest drive of the three cities and offers a great mix of historical interest and modern day excitement.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you have any questions or would like to discuss an offer. There’s lots more info – including viewing instructions – below, so make sure to keep reading!
- SIZE: 10.37 acres
- POSTAL LOCATION (or PLUS CODE ADDRESS): XQWQ+FFM Wilburton, Oklahoma 74578
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 34.996204, -95.211336
- APN: 0112-00-000-072-0-000-00
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: PINE MT RANCH LOT 72 (10.37A)
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): irregular, starting at NW corner 229′ SE x 316′ NE x 963′ S x 497′ x W x 963′ N
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 1340 feet
- TERRAIN: generally flat/gentle slope
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: by foot or ATV from nearby ranch road, no road frontage
- POWER: none
- WATER: none
- WASTEWATER: none
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $117.00 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Wilburton < McAlester < Poteau
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Wilburton Municipal (1 hour), Fort Smith Regional (1 hrs 40 mins), Will Rogers World (3 hrs 20 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT
- Assessor (918) 465-3031
- Treasurer (918) 465-3450
- Recorder (918) 465-3543
- Clerk (918) 465-4002
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions. Important: This property is off-grid and you will need a good off-road vehicle to get out there.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 34.996204, -95.211336.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why our properties are priced below market value, and the answer is really simple: we choose to sell to you at wholesale prices. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and discounted rates, and we strongly believe in passing this discount on to our buyers.
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.