Cheap Land in Oklahoma near Wichita Mountains & Lawton
The Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge is one of Oklahoma’s most stunning and popular outdoor destinations and this vacant, residential lot lies just 15 minutes away from it. The mountains offer great hiking, biking, climbing, majestic rocky top vistas, lakes, streams, and its free-roaming wildlife includes buffalo, Texas longhorns, elk, and deer.
- No Restrictions
- Power & Water Available
- Extensive Road Frontage
- Flat & Buildable
- Great Views of the Wichita Mountains
- Fenced on All Sides
- Priced about 27% Below Market
PROPERTY: This vacant, rectangular 26.13 acre property features about 252 feet of direct frontage on W. Gore Blvd and is fenced on every side. There are no structures on site, but power and water does run along the road frontage and the lot is very flat, so the whole package is very ready for your development. It’s ready for anything, in fact, because there are no restrictions here! The top half of the property is fenced off from the bottom half for anyone thinking about this as a “subdivide & sell” investment. There is one neighboring home on the east side — a half-acre square cut-out — but the overall neighborhood is very sparsely populated and extremely peaceful. Outdoor adventurists will love living so close to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge — only 15 minutes up the road. Visitors flock from hundreds of miles around to enjoy the beautiful scenery and wildlife here, while Lake Lawtonka offers excellent fishing and recreation. Rising high above the lake is Mount Scott, which majesticly stands guard over these treasured grounds. Living in the country is peaceful, but sometimes you need a little urban excitement and you’ll find plenty of that in nearby Lawton, just a half-hour drive down US Highway 62. It hosts Walmart, Home Depot, and many other big box retailers that will scratch all your shopping and culinary itches. Need just a little more entertainment? The state’s capital of Oklahoma City and the Oklahoma Sooners are 90 minutes to the northeast. So this plants you squarely in that “Goldilocks” zone — close enough to the big city when you need it, but far enough away for the fresh air and serenity you crave.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 26.13 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated): 26992 W. Gore Blvd, Indiahoma OK 73552 (but use coordinates for navigation, not address)
- GPS COORDINATES: 34.609203, -98.796374
- APN: 0101750
- LEGAL DESCRIPTION: 29-2N-15W COMM AT THE SW/C SE/4, THN (S89*48’47″E) 875.64′ TO POB, THN (N00*34’28″E) 2643.70′,
- THN (S89*52’27″E) 437.76′, THN (S00*34′ 18″W) 2644.16′, THN (N89*48’47″W) 437.88′ TO POB.
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: none (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 2644′ north x 438′ east x 2464′ south x 180′ west x 180′ south x 258′ west to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 1356 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, very light vegetation
- ACCESS: 252 ft of direct frontage on W. Gore Blvd
- POWER: available along road
- WATER: available along road
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G available thru AT&T and T-Mobile, 4G thru Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $45.00 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Indiahoma < Lawton < Oklahoma City
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Lawton-Fort Sill Regional Airport (40 mins), Will Rogers-Oklahoma City International (1 hr 35 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (580) 585-5220
- Treasurer (580) 355-5763
- Clerk/Recorder (580) 355-5214
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 34.609203, -98.796374.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Outdoor adventurists will love living so close to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge — only 15 minutes up the road. Visitors flock from hundreds of miles around to enjoy the beautiful scenery and wildlife here, while Lake Lawtonka offers excellent fishing and recreation. Rising high above the lake is Mount Scott, which majesticly stands guard over these treasured grounds. Living in the country is peaceful, but sometimes you need a little urban excitement and you’ll find plenty of that in nearby Lawton, just a half-hour drive down US Highway 62. It hosts Walmart, Home Depot, and many other big box retailers that will scratch all your shopping and culinary itches. Need just a little more entertainment? The state’s capital of Oklahoma City and the Oklahoma Sooners are 90 minutes to the northeast. So this plants you squarely in that “Goldilocks” zone — close enough to the big city when you need it, but far enough away for the fresh air and serenity you crave.
COMANCHE COUNTY: Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge (13 minutes), Mount Scott (30 mins), Lake Lawtonka (35 mins), Holy City of Wichitas, Medicine Park Aquarium, Forty Foot Hole, Elk Mountain Trail, Lake Jed Johnson, Post Oak Waterfall, Lake Ellsworth, Quanah Parker Dam, Liberty Lake Park
- RETAIL – Dollar General
- RESTAURANTS – Sonic Drive-In, Trading Post, Lil Mama’s Cafe
- RECREATIONAL – Quanah Parker House, Cache City Park, West Cache Creek, Lazy Buffalo, Cache Bulldog Stadium
- RETAIL – Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Big Lots, TJ Maxx, Ross, Academy Sports, Tractor Supply Co, JoAnn Fabric, Buckle, Cash Saver, Five Below, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, O’Reilly Auto, Home Zone Furniture, Lawton Farmers Market, many others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Panda Express, Texas Roadhouse, Outback, Olive Garden, IHOP, Starbucks, Whataburger, Golden Corral, Chick-fil-A, Raising Cane’s, Cracker Barrel, Burger King, Popeye’s, KFC, Five Guys, Taco Bell, Wingstop, Wendy’s, many others
- MED SERVICES? Yes, Comanche County Memorial Hospital, family doctors, specialists, dentists, vets
- RECREATIONAL – Museum of the Great Plains, Fort Sill Museum, Comanche National Museum, Lawton Speedway, Geronimo’s Grave, Comanche Nation Water Park, Lake Elmer Thomas, Comanche Nation Casino, many others
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.