Cheap Land in Pennsylvania near Carbondale
Just north of Carbondale, in the center of Simpson, this 23 acre parcel is zoned and ready for a residential development. Wilson Creek lines the northwestern boundary, forming a refreshing natural amenity for any future home or subdivision here.
- Year-Round Creek
- All Utilities (power, water, sewer)
- Paved Road Frontage
- Unique to Market – the only 20+ acre lot available in area
- Priced to Move!
- Close to Major Big Box Shopping
- Perfect for Subdivision
PROPERTY: This 23 acre lot is wooded and slopes up moderately from the road – typical of this scenic, Appalachian ridge & valley region – but still features about 249 feet of direct frontage on the contiguous paved roads of Owego Street and Main Street near the southeast boundary. Wilson Creek runs just inside this property’s northwest boundary and underneath a bridge on Main Street. There are no structures on site, but all utilities run along the road frontage so the whole package is very ready for a development into a single or multi-family residential subdivision. Of course, you’re not required to develop this into a new residential community. Keep it for yourself and build a dream home nestled in nature but still close to all the urban conveniences you want. The charming, historic downtown of Carbondale (known as “The Pioneer City” for igniting the Industrial Revolution over a century ago) is just 5 minutes away and is harmoniously split in half by the Lackawanna River. Carbondale offers basic shopping staples like Dollar General, CVS, and the City Line General Store. Big box shopping, like Walmart, Lowe’s, Target, Hobby Lobby, Macy’s, Best Buy, TJ Maxx, and Sam’s Club can be found in Dickson City, just 24 minutes away as you get closer to Scranton.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 23 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 74 Owego St, Carbondale PA 18407
- GPS COORDINATES: 41.599804, -75.484023
- APN: 03502010025
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: MAIN AMIZI WILSON WT
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): irregular
- FLOODPLAIN: narrow corridor along Wilson Creek comprising approx. 1.08 acres
- ELEVATION: 1438 feet
- TERRAIN: moderately sloped, rolling
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: appox. 95 feet of direct frontage on Main Street + 154 feet of direct frontage on Owega Street
- POWER: available
- WATER: available
- WASTEWATER: available
- TAXES: $834.08 in 2022
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: R2 – Residential
- may be subdivided
- multifamily development allowed
- hunting allowed
- for details, call Joe of the Fell Township Municipality at (570) 282-0321, firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOA: none
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Fell (Elementary) – Fell (Middle School) – Carbondale (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Simpson < Carbondale < Scranton
- NEAREST AIRPORT: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International (28 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (570) 963-6728
- Treasurer (570) 963-6731
- Recorder (570) 963-6775
- Planning & Zoning (570) 963-6830 x 1376
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 41.599804, -75.484023.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
The charming, historic downtown of Carbondale (known as “The Pioneer City” for igniting the Industrial Revolution over a century ago) is just 5 minutes away and is harmoniously split in half by the Lackawanna River. Carbondale offers basic shopping staples like Dollar General, CVS, and the City Line General Store. Big box shopping, like Walmart, Lowe’s, Target, Hobby Lobby, Macy’s, Best Buy, TJ Maxx, and Sam’s Club can be found in Dickson City, just 24 minutes away as you get closer to Scranton. If you love the outdoors, try Merli Sarnoski Park, just 10 minutes west of the property–a Lake-based getaway with fishing & swimming plus a playground, picnic tables & baseball field. Or you can hike, bike, or boat the 198-acre Lackawanna State Park, just 24 minutes away.
NEARBY – Panther Creek Wild Plant Sanctuary (9 mins), Homestead golf course (9 mins), Merli Sarnoski Park (10 mins), Russell Park (8 mins), Elkview Country Club (10 mins), Lackawanna State Park (24 Minutes)
CARBONDALE (6 minutes, nearest grocery store)
- RETAIL –Dollar General, CVS, City Line General Store, Whites Crossing Sport Shop, Weis Markets, DRIVE-N-BUY, Dollar Tree, Big Chief Market, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Wayne’s Family Diner, Sisko’s Cafe, McDonnell’s Restaurant, Pinky’s Family Restaurant, KOL Steakhouse, Chip & Stone Pub & Eatery
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Carbondale Family Health Center
- RECREATIONAL – Carbondale Martial Arts Center, Carbondale Senior Center
DICKSON CITY (24 minutes, nearest Walmart)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Lowe’s, Target, Hobby Lobby, Macy’s, Best Buy, TJ Maxx, Sam’s Club, many others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Dunkin’, many others
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, hosptial, specialists, dentists, animal/veterinary hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Dickson City Civic Center, Blakely Borough Recreation Complex, Center for Athletics and Wellness, Core Fitness & Rehab
SCRANTON (27 mins, nearest major metro)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. In this case, we can recommend a couple different land lenders in the area: (1) Melanie Seagraves of Dime Bank in Carbondale at (570) 229-7575. They offer land loans for 35% down with a 3-year limit to build, and prefer a minimum credit score of 660. (2) Tony of NBT Bank in Carbondale at (570) 407-1810. They offer land loans for 30% down with a 1-year limit to build, and prefer a minimum credit score of 680.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.