Cheap Land in Tennessee at Norris Lake
Enjoy beautiful lake views from this 1.43 acre retreat at Hickory Pointe on Norris Lake, near Maynardville.
- Stunning Lake Views from Ridge Top
- Perfect for Walkout Basement-type Home
- Clubhouse, Pool, & Marina available
- Priced about 30% Below Market
- Paved Road Frontage w/Power
- Only 8 mins to nearest Marina; 11 mins to Maynardville
PROPERTY: Nestled on a ridge-top overlooking Norris Lake, this vacant 1.43 acre lot is the perfect place to build your dream home. Enjoy stunning views of Norris Lake from your new retreat and the same sloped topography that allows for these amazing views can also lend perfectly for a walkout basement-type home. With 100 feet of road frontage on Hickory Pointe Lane, a paved public road with power, you’ll have easy access to all the amenities of city life with Maynardville just 11 minutes away and Tazewell 26 minutes to the northeast, which offers big box retail (including Walmart). Looking for big city action? Knoxville, home of the Tennessee Volunteers, is only 45 minutes south. As part of Hickory Point subdivision, you’ll be able to take advantage of clubhouse access and pool privileges too. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity at a trademark Acretown discount price – come experience lake living at its finest today!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 1.43 acres
- ADDRESS: 576 Hickory Point Ln, Maynardville, TN 37807
- GPS COORDINATES: 36.304499, -83.789003
- APN: 042-154.00
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: HICKORY POINTE S/D P IX PB D PG 172 LOT 8
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get County’s boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (but please assume no mineral rights)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at SE corner, 100′ W (along road) x 681′ N x 86′ E x 746′ S to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 1401 feet
- TERRAIN: sloped
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 100 feet of direct frontage on Hickory Point Lane
- POWER: available
- WATER: well would be necessary
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $80.00 in 2021
- HOA: Hickory Pointe
- HOA FEES: $41.67 per month
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: download Hickory Pointe Phase 9 CC+R’s here (summarized below)
- no mobile homes
- building setbacks: 25′ from edge of street, 10′ from sides
- no livestock (pets are OK)
- exterior must be completed within 1 year after construction begins
- no minimum home size
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Maynardville (Elementary) – Maynard (Middle School) – Union County (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Maynardville < Tazewell < Knoxville
- NEAREST AIRPORT: Knoxville McGhee Tyson (1 hour)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (865) 992-3211
- Treasurer/Trustee (865) 992-5943
- Register of Deeds (865) 992-8024
- Clerk (865) 992-8043
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 36.304499, -83.789003.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Norris Lake, famous for its mountain-born beauty and pristine waters, is one of the largest lakes in eastern Tennessee with over 800 miles of shoreline, and offering plenty of opportunities to enjoy boating, fishing, swimming, and other water sports. There are a multitude of campgrounds surrounding the lake that provide great spots for picnics and barbecues too. Ready to party on the lake? Hit the Beach Island Marina only 8 minutes away and get your fill of food, drinks, and live music.
You can find a grocery store and basic shopping in Maynardville just 11 minutes away but Tazewell, 26 minutes to the northeast, offers a wider selection of big box retail (including Walmart). Looking for big city action? Knoxville, home of the Tennessee Volunteers, is only 45 minutes south.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Rural 1st is America’s leading land lender for rural properties and they require as little as 15% down on a 10 or 15-year fixed land loan, with no PMI, and they prefer a credit score of 720 or better. Please contact Michael Wirth by phone or email at (502) 553-8152 or email@example.com. They do serve Tennessee.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.