|Processing Fee||$ 399|
|Deed Type||Warranty Deed|
|Parcel Number||APN 80647|
|Location||Oak Lane, Shephard, TX 77371|
|GPS Coordinates||30.46949, -95.009114 Open in Google Maps|
|Legal Description||Woodland Lakes, Lot 326 Section 2 San Jacinto County Texas|
|Lot Size||0.14 Acres|
Residential building lot on Oak Lane, Shepherd Texas. Single family or mobile home lot. City electric, private utilities. Lot is .14 acres in size, approximately 5998 square feet with 50 feet of frontage on Oak Lane and 120 feet of depth. Lot is wooded. Lot is located off of Scenic Drive, close to Highway 55. Low taxes, no POA dues. Ideal for mobile home, affordable lot.
With 2,319 people, Shepherd is the 642nd most populated city in the state of Texas out of 1,752 cities. In 2010, the median household income of Shepherd residents was $27,131. Shepherd households made slightly more than Chilton households ($27,115) and Bedias households ($27,112) However, 25.7% of Shepherd residents live in poverty. The median age for Shepherd residents is 36.3 years old. The largest Shepherd racial/ethnic groups are White (70.9%) followed by Black (14.1%) and Hispanic (11.3%). All of the above information comes from United States Census Bureau’s latest census in 2010. Historical Information Texas Historical Marker #7672, erected in 1970, located west of FM 222 on SH 150 in Shepherd, gives a brief background for the town. Exact text on the marker is as follows: Originated in vicinity of Old Drew’s Landing, a Trinity River port for settlers bringing in goods and shipping cotton, tobacco, and other products to markets. An early nearby community was Big Creek. Into these pioneer settlements came Houston East & West Texas Railroad investors, including Benjamin A. Shepherd (1814-1891) of Houston, who in 1875 platted townsite here, naming it for himself. The town square was on west side of H. E. & W. T., which was completed beyond this point in 1879. The Shepherd Post Office opened Dec. 22, 1879, with Jack B. Noble as postmaster. A pioneer physician was Dr. William Herbert Beazley (1837-1919); Mrs. Jessie Fain operated an early hotel; Mrs. Jane Langham taught first public school session, in Methodist church building. James Ephraim Tribe, a native of Canada, came here in 1895, was a carpenter, coffin maker, millwright, and wheelwright. A Baptist, he built a church edifice for that faith in 1896. Distinguished native son Robert Scott Lovett (1860-1932), became president of Southern Pacific and Union Pacific railroads and rendered outstanding civilian service to the nation during World War I. Once a center for the lumbering industry, Shepherd remains an important market town of southeast Texas.
No POA, no restrictions
This information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Neither (LandCentury.com nor their Associates) are responsible for the accuracy of the information. The buyer is responsible for verifying all information with the county. The land is being sold &quot;as-is&quot; with no warranties either expressed or implied as to the location, condition, accessibility, terrain, build ability, or information contained in this listing. Sizes advertised are approximate. Buyers are required to perform all due diligence prior to bidding. By buying you are acknowledging that you have completed all due diligence and that you understand legal commitment to purchase.