If you’re looking for a spacious and private piece of land that’s away from the hustle and bustle of big cities, look no further!
This lot has direct street access, and is currently wooded – mainly with large hardwoods which may have some marketable value. It’s surrounded by wooded/partially wooded lots on all sides, adding to the feeling of being secluded in your own slice of nature. There’s also a small wet-weather creek that runs through the back of the property.
There is no zoning or building restrictions on this lot, so you can do what you want with your land. Build a home, use it for recreation or camping, or simply keep it as is and enjoy being surrounded by nature.
With power and water on FM 555 getting utilities set up will be easy. Note that septic system will be required.
There are the remains of an old home on the lot.
Gilmer is best known for being the birthplace of the East Texas Yamboree, which has been held annually since 1935 and is attended by over 100,000 people over the 4-day celebration each year. Additionally, the 1000+ acre Lake Gilmer, located 4 miles West of Gilmer on FM 852, is an ideal site for fishing, swimming, boating, and is also surrounded by combination hiking and nature trails (Kelsey Creek Sanctuary). It’s stocked with Florida largemouth bass, black crappie and channel catfish.
You can easily find most amenities and services you could need within a 30-minute drive from the property. In Gilmer there are several restaurants, shops, offices, doctors, banks, churches, schools, as well as a Wal Mart and even a country club. In Longview, the nearest city, you can find all services and amenities you could need including a wide range of recreational activities as well.
- Exact Location on GoogleMaps. See below for viewing instructions.
- 10 Acres
- APN: 515
- Legal Description: ABS A78 CALLICUT, JAMES,TRACT 4, 10.0 ACRES
- Located in Gilmer, Upshur County, Texas (Upshur County Unincorporated Areas)
- Zip Code: 75645
- Lot’s Approximate Dimensions: 528 ft.x 206 ft.x 507 ft.x 359 ft.x 591 ft.x 898 ft.x 143 ft.x 190 ft. approx.
- GPS Coordinates:
- Center of Lot (approx): 32.728991, -94.880732
- Corners of Lot: 32.7306, -94.8820; 32.7296, -94.8809; 32.7300, -94.8804; 32.7290, -94.8792; 32.7279, -94.8792; 32.7280, -94.8811; 32.7300, -94.8828; 32.7303, -94.8825
- Elevation: 282.2 ft.
- Road Access: Paved road access.
- Sewer: Septic system required. There may be an old septic system from the house – but we have not had it inspected and do not know the condition it’s in. A couple local Septic Company are JLBJ Septic Services, @ 903-734-5438 + Wiler’s Septic Systems
- Water: Service available through Bi-County Water Supply Corp. They’re available at 903-856-5840.
- Electricity: Service available through Upshur Rural Electric Co-Op; they can be reached at 903-843-2536. There is power on FM 555 and service at the neighbor’s house, so it should be very easy to set up. Service set-up charges would depend on what your plans are for the site. Because this will vary from buyer to buyer, we ask that if you have any questions about the cost/process of setting up electricity, you call and have the conversation directly with the service provider.
- 2020 Tax Amount: $862.78.
- There is NO ZONING for this property – Do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock etc permitted
- There is no HOA or CC+Rs for this property
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- Upshur County Treasurer – 903-843-4027 or 903-680-8138
- Upshur County Recorder/Clerk – 903-843-4015
- Upshur County Planning and Zoning Department – 903-680-8100
- GIS Website
- CAD Website
Walmart Supercenter – 9 mins.(5.1 miles) Gilmer Country Club – 9 mins.(6.6 miles) Air U Trampoline Park – 23 mins.(18.8 miles) Regal longview & RPX – 25 mins.(20.7 miles) Longview Mall – 26 mins.(20.8 miles) Lazy Splash Ranch – 42 mins.(31.7 miles) Lake O’ The Pines
The East Texas Yamboree, one of the oldest continuous festivals in Texas, was established in 1935. Through the years, the Yamboree has grown from a local event to one that draws a crowd from around Texas and surrounding states. Approximately 100,000 people attend the four-day event each October.
You can go view the property at your convenience. Owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible.
Driving Directions: Navigate to 744 FM 555, Gilmer TX 75645 or click HERE to open the destination in GoogleMaps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and GoogleMaps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
There is not a driveway, so please park on the side of the road. Please do not park your car in the neighbor’s driveway, or anywhere that would block them from getting in/out while you’re viewing the lot.
PLEASE NOTE! To walk the property lines, we highly recommend an app called OnX Hunt, which uses your phone’s GPS system to show you property boundary lines, and allow you to walk them in real-time. You can follow THIS LINK to open the location on OnXHunt (you’ll need to be logged in already to open it); save it as an Offline Map before you head out so that you can use the app even if you lose cell service. Because the lot is wooded, and surrounded on 3 sides by wooded lots, this is by far the best method to follow the boundary lines of the property.
They have a 7-day free trial, so you can download the app and use it for free. Just remember to cancel before the trial ends so you aren’t charged. Additionally – because cell phone reception can be spotty, please ensure that you DOWNLOAD the parcel map from OnXMaps before you go to KCE. If you have any questions about how to use OnX Hunt to walk the property lines, or download the directions, please call us before you go down to the property so we can walk you through it.
If you’re interested in making an offer…
Call Bob or Carly directly at 760-607-3300 if you’d like to discuss making an offer.
We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to.
Please note: We do not offer owner-financing, but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.