Cheap Land in Texas near Canyon Lake
Just a few miles west of Canyon Lake in Spring Branch, Texas, and almost equidistant between Austin and San Antonio, this fully-appointed lot strikes a perfect balance between the serenity of the country and convenience of the city.
- Beautiful, Growing Area near Canyon Lake
- All Utilities
- Paved Road Frontage
- Price about 26% Below Market
- Very Buildable: Partially Cleared, Flat, No Floodplain
- Award-winning School System
- Buy One or Both Lots!
PROPERTY: Welcome to Serenity Oaks! This exclusive, gated subdivision in Spring Branch, Texas is the perfect place for you and your family to call home. If you’re looking for a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, this is it. We have two 1.5 acre lots on Serenity Pass, a private paved road lined with all utilities (power, water, sewer). Both lots are surveyed, partially cleared, and flat, with no floodplain encroachments, making them an ideal launching pad for your next dream build. Buy one or both lots at an unbeatably low price before prices in this area really explode!
You’re sure to love living here – not only will you enjoy the serenity of living in such an idyllic spot close to Guadalupe River State Park and Canyon Lake, but you’ll also benefit from the low POA fees of just $30 per month. And if big city life calls then San Antonio is just 50 minutes away, while Austin is about an hour and 15 mins away. Locally, Spring Branch offers several shopping and dining options to keep you close to home when you want to be. Parents will love the award winning school district too, as Smithson Valley High School earned a “College Success” award from GreatSchools.org for student readiness, registering a 9 out of 10 grade on test scores. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity – act now before it’s too late!
PRICES: $114,800 for Lot 85 or 86, or $217,700 for both lots
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 3.13 acres total
- Lot 85 = 1.58 acres
- Lot 86 = 1.55 acres
- Lot 85 = 239 Serenity Pass, Spring Branch TX 78070
- Lot 86 = 247 Serenity Pass, Spring Branch TX 78070
- GPS COORDINATES: 29.899158, -98.371129
- Lot 85 = 382562
- Lot 86 = 382563
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION:
- Lot 85 = SERENITY OAKS UNIT 3, LOT 85
- Lot 86 = SERENITY OAKS UNIT 3, LOT 86
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (do not expect mineral rights)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate):
- Lot 85 = starting at NW corner, 177′ south (along road) x 474′ east x 110′ north (along creek line) x 502′ west to POB
- Lot 86 = starting at NW corner, 185′ south (along road) x 468′ east x 88′ north (along creek line) x 474′ west to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 1058 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, partially cleared, lightly wooded
- ACCESS: direct frontage on Serenity Pass, a private paved road
- POWER: available along road frontage
- WATER: available along road frontage
- WASTEWATER: available along road frontage
- Lot 85 = $1789.04 in 2022
- Lot 86 = $1771.72 in 2022
- HOA: Serenity Oaks (830-228-4888, website)
- HOA FEES: $30 per month per lot
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: download full rules here (summarized below)
- one single family home per lot (maximum)
- 2000 sf minimum size
- exterior must be finished within 8 months of starting construction
- no mobile homes
- asphalt, concrete, or brick driveways
- garage must accomodate at least 2 cars
- setbacks: 50′ from front, 10′ from side, 20′ from rear
- combining of lots allowed, subdividing not allowed
- animals: domestic pets only
- renting allowed
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Bill Brown (Elementary) – Smithson Valley (Middle School) – Smithson Valley (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Spring Branch < New Braunfels < San Antonio (south), Austin (north)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: San Antonio International (44 mins), Austin-Bergstrom International (1 hr 20 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (830) 221-1353
- Treasurer (830) 221-1220
- Clerk/Recorder (830) 221-1230
- Engineer (830) 608-2090
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to the Lot 85 address: 239 Serenity Pass, Spring Branch TX. The Lot 86 address is 247 Serenity Pass, Spring Branch TX.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here: Lot 85 or Lot 86. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Living close to the lake is much more fun on this gorgeous location in Spring Branch, Texas. This property is nestled firmly within Texas Hill Country, between Austin and San Antonio, but just 5-10 minutes away are restaurants, stores, and other major establishments at your convenience. Outdoor enthusiasts will certainly want to explore the blue waters of Canyon Lake, known as “The Jewel of Texas Hill Country,” just 29 minutes east, and Guadalupe River State Park, about the same drive time in the other direction (west). Take it from Scott – there’s nothing like floating down the Guadalupe River on a hot summer day, swilling your favorite beverages and soaking in the sun . . . and your nearest river access is only 4 minutes down the street!
NEARBY – The Club at Rebecca Creek (7 mins), Jumbo Evans Sports Park (12 mins), Cranes Mill Park (27 mins), River Crossing Club (16 mins), Ranger Stadium (19 mins), Guadalupe River State Park (32 min)
SPRING BRANCH (11 minutes, nearest grocery store)
- RETAIL –Dollar General, Spring Creek Gardens, Spring Branch Store and Cafe, Villasenor Tire Shop
- RESTAURANTS – El Rodeo De Jalisco, Kai-Simone Winery, Thai 2 U Food Truck, Pattys Tacos, Mi Familia Taco Shop, Sandra’s Cantina & Grill, McDonald’s
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Smithson Valley Family Medicine LLP, CHRISTUS Family Medicine – Bulverde
- RECREATIONAL – The Club at Rebecca Creek
BULVERDE (19 minutes, nearest Walmart)
- RETAIL – Walmart, H-E-B, Walgreens, Tractor Supply Co, Home Depot, AutoZone Auto Parts, CVS, UPS, many more
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Limestone Mexican Grill & Seafood, Papa Johns Pizza, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Panda Express, Jimmy John’s, Whataburger, Starbucks, and many more
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, pediatrician, dentists, animal/veterinary hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Planet Fitness, Family Fitness, ZinZen Yoga, VIP Dance
SAN ANTONIO (56 mins, nearest major metro, known for the Alamo and the Riverwalk District, two of the top attractions in all of Texas)
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
Rural 1st is America’s leading land lender for rural properties and they require as little as 15% down on a 10 or 15-year fixed land loan, with no PMI, and they prefer a credit score of 720 or better. Please contact Michael Wirth by phone or email at (502) 553-8152 or email@example.com. They do serve Texas.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.