If you’re looking for a property that’s close to big cities and has easy access to amenities and modern conveniences, but you want to be removed from the hustle-and-bustle of the city and surrounded by nature, this is the lot for you.
This 5.01 acre parcel is located in Young County, TX and is just 15 minutes from Graham TX, just over an hour to Wichita Falls, TX, 90 mins to Fort Worth, 2 hours to Dallas, TX, and 3 hours to Oklahoma City – OKC.
It’s located on a quiet, dead end road, and is surrounded by mostly undeveloped parcels – lending to the feeling of tranquility and privacy that you’d hope for. The lot is flat, with several suitable spots for a home-site if you want to build on it.
There is paved road access almost all the way to this property, with frontage along Blackhawk Road, which is a well-maintained dirt road.
Nestled within the pristine North Texas Hill Country, the town of Graham, has a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere makes it the perfect escape from life’s hustle and bustle. The mild climate and beautiful scenery provides the ideal setting to reconnect with nature, explore historic sites, or just sit back and lose track of time. There are many unique restaurants, stores, cultural attractions and antique shops around the historic downtown square, which is proclaimed to be the largest downtown square in America.
Graham offers an authentic Texas experience complete with real cowboys and small town charm, and offers the perfect setting for all kinds of outdoor recreation…
- Fishing – Located only a few miles north of Graham, Lake Graham and Lake Eddleman present the perfect setting for water recreation and fishing. There are two public boat ramps on Lake Graham and one on Lake Eddleman. Camping sites and picnic areas are located along the shoreline of Lake Eddleman. Predominant fish species include Largemouth Bass, White Crappie, Hybrid Striped Bass, White Bass, and Channel Catfish.
- Hunting – Graham is proud to host hunters throughout the year. Fall brings dove, quail, and deer season. Spring offers wild turkey hunting. Feral hogs and predator hunting are available year-round. The rugged terrain surrounding Graham is a patchwork of dense woods, cultivated fields and creeks that provide habitat for a prosperous wildlife population.
Possum Kingdom State Park and Lake (more here) are just over an hour away, and has over 300 miles of shoreline and many scenic coves. You can swim, boat, fish (largemouth, striped and white bass; channel and blue catfish; and white crappie), ski, scuba dive and snorkel. You can also camp, picnic, hike, bike, study nature and geocache. (Check out their interactive trails map). The park has a boat launch, fishing pier, and fish cleaning station. You do not need a fishing license to fish from shore in a state park.
For accommodations – you can stay overnight in one of their air-conditioned cabins. If you’re a camper, choose one of their water and electricity sites, water-only sites, or primitive walk-in sites.
Possum Kingdom State Park Store and Marina rents canoes, boat slips, wakeboards, kneeboards, water skis and tubes. They also sell some grocery, camping and fishing supplies. Call (940) 549-5612 for more information.
Just over an hour away is the City of Wichita Falls, which is nestled in the North East corner of North Texas. It’s home to commerce and industry with worldwide interests, several institutions of higher learning, a strong international presence through Sheppard Air Force Base.
- Address: This is a vacant lot, there is no physical address. You will navigate there using GPS coordinates. See below for viewing instructions.
- County: Young County, Texas
- Lot size: 5.01 Acres
- APN: The Assessor Parcel Number is 12728
- Legal Descriptions: 5 MOUNTAIN TOP ESTATES A 1794
- Annual Taxes in 2019: $673.28 in 2019
- There is no zoning, HOA or CC+Rs.
- GPS coordinates of the corners of the lot (*approximate*): 33.0827, -98.4488; 33.0830, -98.4478; 33.0798, -98.4488; 33.0815, -98.4479
- GPS coordinates of the center-point of the lot: 33.0815, -98.4483
- Elevation: 1,316 ft
- Zoning: N/A
- Terrain type: Flat
- Property Access: Dirt Road
- Zip Code: 76450
- Closest city/town: Graham, Texas
- This property is NOT in a flood zone.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.