Cheap Land in Virginia on Eastern Shore Peninsula
Virginia’s Eastern Shore peninsula divides the Chesapeake Bay from the Atlantic Ocean and is dotted with idyliic, quaint coastal towns. This property lies just south of Nassawadox and only one minute from Lankford Highway, the main north-south thoroughfare for the peninusula. You’re surrounded by beaches, coves, creeks, inlets, and islands here so if you love the water and seaside life, you found the right place.
- No Deed Restrictions or HOA
- Minutes to Fishing and Boat Ramps
- Direct Road Frontage
- Power Available
- Flat & Buildable – No Floodplain
- Priced about 27% Below Market
PROPERTY: This 1.62 acre generally square lot is moderately wooded and features 237 feet of direct frontage on Treherneville Road, a paved public road. There are no structures on site but power does run along the road frontage so, combined with the fact that there are no deed restrictions and it carries very loose zoning, you have a wide range of options for development, including a mobile home. The lot is very flat with no encroaching floodplain, so it’s one of the most easy-to-build lots in the area. The neighborhood is very lightly populated and very peaceful, as most of the development lies on the other side of the highway. You obviously wouldn’t move here just to sit at home though. Fishing and water recreation is all around you and the best beaches are nearby, on the west side of the peninsula. The white sand beaches of Savage Neck Dunes State Park, for example, are just 15 minutes away. With all these wonderful natural surroundings, you might feel like a million miles from civilization but Walmart and other mainstream retail outlets are offered by the town of Onley, 25 minutes to the north. When you want to kick it up a couple notches, Virigina Beach and Norfolk await you after a one hour drive spent crossing the iconic Chesapeake Bay Bridge.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including viewing instructions – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 1.62 acres
- ADDRESS: 8507 Treherneville Drive, Birdsnest VA 23307
- GPS COORDINATES (center of lot): 37.425392, -75.885472
- APN: 40-4-A (0.54 acres) and 40-4-B (1.08 acres); two lots totaling 1.62 acres
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: Lot A & B Treherneville
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KMZ file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 237 ft (along road) east x 321 ft north x 200 ft west x 333 ft south to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 35 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 237 ft of direct road frontage on Treherneville Drive
- POWER: available along road
- WATER: well would need to be installed
- WASTEWATER: septic system would need to be installed
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G available thru AT&T and T-Mobile, 4G available thru Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $66.80 in 2020
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: zoned A/RB (Agricultural/Rural); see full regulations here
- no deed restrictions or HOA!
- single family home
- mobile homes are allowed
- accessory buildings are allowed and may be built closer to property line
- animals, livestock are allowed
- building setbacks: 100 ft from road, 25 ft from rear, 15 ft from side
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Nassawadox < Exmore/Belle Haven < Norfolk/Virginia Beach
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Accomack County Airport (20 mins), Norfolk International Airport (1 hour)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (757) 678-0446 x 502
- Treasurer (757) 678-0450
- Clerk (757) 678-0465
- Planning & Zoning (757) 678-0443 x 546
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 37.425392, -75.885472.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Fishing and water recreation is all around you and the best beaches are nearby, on the west side of the peninsula. The white sand beaches of Savage Neck Dunes State Park, for example, are just 15 minutes away. With all these wonderful natural surroundings, you might feel like a million miles from civilization but Walmart and other mainstream retail outlets are offered by the town of Onley, 25 minutes to the north. When you want to kick it up a couple notches, Virigina Beach and Norfolk await you after a one hour drive spent crossing the iconic Chesapeake Bay Bridge.
NORTHAMPTON COUNTY: Chatham Vineyards & Winery, Hungars Beach (13 mins), Eastern Shore of Virginia National Wildlife Refuge, Barrier Islands Center, Cape Charles, Kiptopeke Beach, Savage Neck Dunes (15 mins), Mockhorn Island Wildlife Refuge, Wreck Island, Poseidon Watersports
- RETAIL – Food Lion, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Ace Hardware, Walgreens, many others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Hardee’s, Exmore Diner, China Wok, many others
- MED SERVICES? Yes, Chesapeake Bay ENT, Northampton Fire & Rescue
- RECREATIONAL – Willis Wharf Boat Ramp, Morley’s Wharf Boat Ramp, Grapeland Historic Site
- RETAIL – Walmart, Food Lion, CVS, AutoZone, Tractor Supply Co, Sandpiper Marine, Hibbett Sports, Dollar Tree, many others
- RESTAURANTS – Mallards at the Wharf, Pizza Hut, Hardee’s, McDonald’s, China Chefs, Wendy’s, Bojangles, Sage Diner, many others
- MED SERVICES? Yes, Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital, General Practicioners
- RECREATIONAL – South Branch Onancock Creek, Central Accomack Little League Ball Fields
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.