Cheap Land in Washington near Birch Bay
This versatile, modestly forested lot places you only 8 minutes down the paved highway from Birch Bay, yet still only 20 minutes from Bellingham and major shopping.
- Only 8 mins to beautiful Birch Bay State Park
- Large Enough to be Subdivided for Two Lots/Homes
- Paved Road Frontage
- Priced about 20% Below Market
- Power Available
- Very Relaxed Rural Zoning
- Very Buildable: Flat, No Floodplain
PROPERTY: This 10.00 acre site is moderately wooded and features about 328 feet of direct frontage on Birch Bay Lynden Road, a paved public road. There are no structures on site, but power does run along the road frontage so the whole package is ready for your development. Given the flat topography, lack of floodplain encroachments, and loose rural zoning which allows for various types of residential and commerical uses, you have a broad spectrum of development options too. Specifically, the zoning is R5A (Rural – 5 acres), which allows for one single-family development for every 5 acres so, in this case, that opens this property up for a possible subdivision into two separate, buildable lots. Live, invest, and reap the financial rewards! And what a great place to live too – you’re only 8 minutes from beautiful Birch Bay, which also offers a state park for camping and beach festivities. With all the natural splendor surrounding you, it’s hard to believe you’re so close to major shopping, with big box retailers like Costco, Home Depot, Hobby Lobby, Best Buy, TJ Maxx, Macy’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Target, Kohl’s, Walmart etc. just 20 minutes away in Bellingham. Welcome to the “Goldilocks” zone — close enough to the city when you need it, but far enough away for the peace and serenity you crave.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- SIZE: 10.00 acres
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 3133 Birch Bay Lynden Rd, Custer WA 98240
- GPS COORDINATES: 48.935231, -122.650102
- APN: 400126240468
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: W 10 ACRES OF E 12 ACRES OF NE NW EXC PTN TO WHATCOM CO FOR RD DESC AF 951020011
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 1330′ deep x 328′ wide
- FLOODPLAIN: none
- ELEVATION: 66 feet
- TERRAIN: generally flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: about 328 feet of direct frontage on Birch Bay Lynden Road, a paved public road
- POWER: available
- WATER: none (well would need to be installed)
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $1274.95 in 2022
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: R5A (Rural), summarized below & detailed here
- one single family home per 5 acres
- mobile/manufactured homes OK
- RV’s allowed if connected to water & septic for 2 years while building permanent home
- many commericial activities allowed
- setbacks = 35 feet front, 5 feet side, 5 feet rear
- max height = 35 feet
- HOA: none
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Custer (Elementary) – Horizon (Middle School) – Ferndale (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Birch Bay < Bellingham < Seattle
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Bellingham International (16 mins), Seattle-Tacoma International (2 hours 20 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor 360-778-5050
- Treasurer 360-778-5160
- Clerk 360-778-5560
- Planning & Zoning 360-778-5900
- Public Works 360-778-6220
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 48.935231, -122.650102.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
If you love the beach, fresh air, and thrilling scenery, you’ll love it here. You’re also just 3 minutes from Birch Bay Square, a shopping complex featuring 10 outlet/retail stores (including a dollar store), various restaurants (including fast food) and The Market grocery store. Drive 5 minutes south to golf at Grandview, or you can head directly to Birch Bay State Park to explore a large campground with a 1.5-mile rocky beach and abundant shellfish. More adventures await in 20 minutes away in downtown Bellingham, which is rapidly becoming one of the top mountain biking destinations in the country, but also offers massive selection of major shopping outlets.
NEARBY – Grandview Golf Course (4 mins), Birch Bay State Park & Beach (8 mins), Worldmark Birch Bay (10 mins), Loomis Trail Golf (8 mins), Birch Bay Waterslides (8 mins), Jensen Family Forest Park (1 min)
BLAINE (9 minutes, nearest grocery store)
- RETAIL – The Market At Birch Bay, Birch Bay Square, Cost Cutter, Living Pantry – Blaine, Blaine Mini Mart
- RESTAURANTS – Subway, Bob’s Burgers & Brew Birch Bay, Sahara Pizza, Woods Coffee, Domino’s Pizza, Teriyaki secret, Paso Del Norte, The Rustic Fork
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Family Care Network – Birch Bay Family Medicine
- RECREATIONAL – Blaine-Birch Bay Park and Recreation District 2
BELLINGHAM (20 minutes, nearest Walmart)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Target, Costco, Home Depot, Hobby Lobby, Best Buy, TJ Maxx, Macy’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kohl’s, Lowe’s, Safeway, Walgreens, Barkley Village, Sunnyland Square, Grocery Outlet
- RESTAURANTS – Lombardi’s in Bellingham, Cascade Pizza Bellingham, Goods Local Brews, Mi Mexico, The Birch Door Cafe, Goji Fusion Bistro, and many more
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, pediatrician, dentists, heart center, animal/veterinary hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Maplewood-Mcleod OpenSpace/Park, Pure Fitness Martial Arts, Bellingham Golf and Country Club, and many more.
SEATTLE (1 hr 49 mins, nearest major metro – a dynamic, internationally-flavored city surrounded by unmatched natural beauty)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. Land loans typically require about 15-25% down.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.
The information within this listing is posted by a private or third-party seller and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information enclosed. We encourage to always verify ownership and property details listed. As a precaution, due diligence in any real estate transaction is encouraged and closing through a verified title company is advised. To the maximum extent permitted by law we do not accept any responsibility to any person for the accuracy of the information herein.