Created on Thursday, February 11, 2016
Updated on Monday, February 26, 2018
by Land Century
California is a very expensive state there is no denying that but if you are willing to move outside of the major cities, youll find affordable land for sale. Sure, you wont find land on the beach for sale at an affordable price in California, but you can find land if you move just a little bit inward from these destinations. California has a little bit of everything from rolling hills to mountains and an even desert -like areas. A very diverse state, youll find that there are opportunities just waiting to be secured by land investors.
Lets take a look at some of the most popular areas where you can still find land that is affordable:
Palmdale / Lancaster, California
Located in Los Angeles County, the city of Palmdale spans 106 mi.² and has a population of over 152,000 people, according to the 2010 census. Estimates from 2013 put the citys population near 157,000, which is a major increase from 2001 when there were over 110,000 people living in the city.
The city is located in the high desert with very hot summers, cold winters and 300 days of sunshine. Average high temperatures reach 97° during the months of July and August, with the lowest lows being 33°F in December. A beautiful place to live if you love the sun, there are a variety of opportunities available that are just waiting to be snatched up by the right investor:
* A 2.37-acre lot that is owned for heavy agricultural use is available with road access and taxes of $140 per year. This particular lot is selling for $3,999 in cash.
* A 1.25-acre lot is selling with road access, power at the street and taxes of $263 per year in Palmdale. The lot is zoned as heavy agricultural use, and the lot is selling for $3,475 in cash.
* A smaller 0.94-acre lot is available for $3,499 with taxes of $226. This lot is zoned for heavy agricultural use, but the land can also be used for a single-family residence.
Lancaster, California is so close to Palmdale that the two are often discussed together when talking about real estate and land. We will be following the same precedents, and talking a little bit about the city and the opportunities that are available. Lancaster is the 31st largest city in the state, and the city is 70 miles from downtown Los Angeles. Separated by the mountains, the city has grown drastically from 37,000 people in 1977 to estimates of 168,000 people in 2015.
What does this mean?
This is the city that is perfect for investors because the population is growing so fast. If you can snatch a good deal in Lancaster, youll have a very valuable piece of land in the next decade. And there are several deals that are currently in our inventory that are at rock-bottom prices:
* A 5-acre lot is for sale in Lancaster and is zoned for heavy agricultural use. This property is close to the Air Force Base, and you are allowed to build a single family residential home on the property. Close to a wildlife sanctuary, this is a once-in-a-lifetime property that is selling for just $3,295 in cash.
* A 10-acre lot is available in Lancaster that is zoned for heavy agricultural use, and dirt road access is available. Property taxes are just $169 a year, and this property can be yours for just $4,950.
* A 1.23-acre lot with road access is available. Power lines are close by, and youll be able to enjoy peace and quiet as this property is secluded from your neighbors. This property is selling for $2,999 in cash.
Los Angeles County
Were not going to be going into too much detail about Los Angeles County because the two cities above both reside in Los Angeles County. But we did want to point out that this area has many great opportunities available if you are willing to live outside of the downtown center.
San Bernardino County
The county of San Bernardino is located in the southern portion of California, and there are over 2 million people in the county itself. A thriving county, San Bernardino covers more than 450 mi.². Many great opportunities are available, but there is one we have to tell you about immediately:
* A 40-acre lot is for sale and zoned for single-family residential use. This lot is available at a staggeringly low price of $39,999. Of course, you can pay for this land in cash, but the owner is willing to finance this property under the following terms:
- Five years with monthly payments of $836 and an interest rate of 6.9%
- Six years with monthly payments of $680 and an interest rate of 6.9%
- Eight years with a monthly payment of $543 and an interest rate of 6.9%
The best part is that this property is located on the historic Route 66. This property is in Amboy, California. There is another beautiful property in Needles, California. This particular property is zoned as residential, and the lot size is a staggering 10 acres. This lot is less than 10 minutes away from Lake Havasu, and the property taxes are just $168 per year. This lot is selling for $3,999 in cash and is also within San Bernardino County, California.
The state of California is beautiful in every way. Not only are the residents nice and relaxed, but there are opportunities for virtually every land investor whether he or she has $5,000 to invest or $5 million. With the fast-growing rate of the population in California, people are starting to flock to areas outside of big cities where you can still buy land at rock-bottom prices.