Brevard County Florida is one of the hottest places for vacant lots in the country. Situated in the middle of the state and on the East Coast, Brevard County spans 1557 mi.², with land accounting for 1016 mi.², and 541 mi.² being water.
Densely populated, Brevard County is home to 550,000 residents.
If you buy a home or lot as part of your investment in Florida, you need to make sure that it's not within undeveloped, low-lying areas. The issue with Brevard County is that areas west of I-95 and along St. John’s River are prone to flooding. According to a 2012 federal maps survey, nearly half of the county is prone to flooding.
Out of the 164,000 homes in the area, just 18,900 were within these flooding areas. Let’s take a look at some of the land prices in the area:
Real-Time Land Prices in Brevard County
We’re going to look at some of the current properties on the market to give you a general idea of what current price demands are for vacant land:
* A beautiful vacant lot in Palm Bay, Florida features 0.23 acres, residential zoning, electricity availability and paved road access. This property is selling for all cash, and the price is just $3,999. This is a premier location, and taxes are just $115 a year.
* Another lot that has a size of 0.23 acres is for sale in Palm Bay on land that has been untouched. You’ll need to clear the land, but the good news is that there is electricity available and taxes are just $71 per year. Road access is available, and this property is selling for just under $6000.
* Looking for a major investment? A 10 lot property is for sale with property sizes ranging from 0.23 acres to 0.33 acres. All of the properties have electricity available and are situated on paved roads, so there is easy access to your land. Zoned for residential use, these properties will be able to be built on quickly. The price for all 10 lots is $62,000.
Florida’s beautiful weather allows you to use these properties for a variety of reasons. For the most part, people choose one of two different avenues because of the location of this land:
* Build a rental property. Brevard County has an average rental price of $876. This is lower than in Florida as a whole, and just $30 lower than the United States average rental price for homes. The lower price means that you’ll be able to rent these properties out quickly. The rental market has fallen since 2008, but it is projected that the rental market will rebound in the county.
* Build and sell a home. Homes in Brevard County have gone up over 8.4% in the last year, with many analysts projecting at least a 2.4% rise in home prices in 2016. The average home value in the county is $154,500. Many investors are buying land in the county, and selling homes that have just been built for massive profits.
If you’re lucky enough to get land that is right on the coast, you’ll be able to sell the land or a home on the land for a much higher price. Land prices are slightly less expensive, and prices will depend on the property's location in the county.
There are several cities within Brevard County, including:
- Melbourne / Melbourne Beach / Melbourne Village / West Melbourne
- Palm Bay / Palm Shores
- Cocoa / Coca Beach
- Cape Canaveral
- Satellite Beach
- Barefoot Bay
- Indian Harbour Beach
The most popular destinations are Melbourne, Cape Canaveral and Palm Bay. These are the cities where you’ll find prices are higher, and markets are a little bit more desirable than in other smaller areas.
An overview of the real estate market in Melbourne is as follows:
- Over the last three months, the median sale price is $170,000, up 9% in the year, or $14,000.
- The average two-bedroom home in Q3 sold for $119,000.
- The average three-bedroom home sold in Q3 for $166,750.
- The average four-bedroom home Q3 sold for $327,000.
Any investor that has the cash to build a three-bedroom home will get the most bang for their buck by building a four-bedroom home in Melbourne.
Palm BayPalm Bay has much lower real estate prices than in Melbourne. During the third quarter of 2015, the median sale price for homes in the city was $122,300. This is up 16.5% on the year, or $17,300 higher than in 2014.
An overview of Palm Bay’s real estate market is as follows:
- Two bedroom homes have seen their prices rise by 29.6% year on year up to $70,000.
- Three bedroom homes have had their sale price increase by 21.9% up to $124,000.
- Four bedroom homes in the city have experienced a 24.9% increase in price, up to $175,000.
You can easily build two smaller, two-bedroom homes and rent them out for a nice profit in Palm Bay. If you want to sell a home, it’s always best to build a luxury four-bedroom home as they sell for much higher than their three-bedroom counterparts.
Cape Canaveral is an upcoming city that has had a relatively flat Q3. The median sale price in Q3 for homes in the city was $155,000. Year on year, the prices remained the same.
Very little information is available on the current real estate market in the city, but we do have statistics for the following:
- Two bedroom homes are selling for $138,000 in the city, which is down 1.4% on the year.
- Three bedroom homes have seen their price increase 3.3% year on year, selling at $179,000.
Brevard County provides a lot of great opportunity for smaller investors. The lower prices for land allows you to build up a good rental property portfolio, or purchase land that is in prime areas and hold onto it to sell it at a higher price. If you do have the money, many investors are building homes on vacant lots and selling them with tens of thousands of dollars in profit earned.
LandCentury.com specializes in selling wholesale real estate at the lowest prices. We believe that everyone should have the right and the opportunity to get a great deal on investment property All you have to do to get the property you’ve always wanted is follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Find the Perfect Property
Use LandCentury.com’s powerful network of real estate listings to find the property of your dreams. We have everything from move-in ready investment properties and cheap houses to rural land, buildable lots, and fixer-uppers. No matter what type of real estate you’re looking for, you can find it at LandCentury.com
Step 2: Click the Buy Button
This will start the purchase process. As one of America’s top online property listing sites, we leverage our unique business model of submitting an online payment to hold the listing to make transactions straightforward and secure. Our purchase process is designed for simplicity and security. Once you click the buy button, you will:
Use our secure site to submit your processing fee. We make every effort to protect your privacy. That’s one of the reasons why we offer a 24-hour money back guarantee on your processing fee, so you can feel confident in your transaction.
The seller will contact you within the next 24 hours procced to the next step and get the necessary info to prepare the contract.
Buyer Transaction & Privacy Protection
LandCentury.com stands behind our buyers, and we want you to know that your hard earned money is safe when doing business through us. That’s why we have a number of features to help protect buyers, including:
Symantec Secure Site SSL certificate, providing a $1,500,000 warranty on every transaction
Secure encryption and data protection
24 hour money back guarantee on processing fees
2 separate legal offices across the country to help you with any problems you encounter, anytime
Seller ratings so you can see what other people have to say about their experience with your seller
Still Have Questions?
We’d love to answer them. Check out our Help Center page or call us at 1-888-LAND-WEB (526-3932)
Our highly specialized support team is ready to find a solution to your problem. A people first policy insures that a team member will always be available to speak with you personally.
Symantec SSL Certificate
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, information management solutions to help our customers – from consumers and small businesses to the largest global organizations – secure and manage their information against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently than any other company. Our company’s unique focus is to eliminate risks to information, technology and processes independent of the device, platform, interaction or location.
This website can secure your private information using a SSL Certificate. Information exchanged with any address beginning with https is encrypted using SSL before transmission. LandCentury.Com LLC has been verified as the owner or operator of the website located at www.LandCentury.com. Official records confirm LandCentury.Com LLC as a valid business.
Better Business Bureau
For more than 100 years, Better Business Bureau has been helping people find businesses, brands and charities they can trust. In 2015, people turned to BBB more than 172 million times for BBB Business Reviews on more than 5.3 million businesses and Charity Reports on 11,000 charities, all available for free at www.bbb.org. The Council of Better Business Bureaus is the umbrella organization for the local, independent BBBs in the United States, Canada and Mexico, as well as home to its national and international programs on dispute resolution, advertising review, and industry self-regulation.
BBB has determined that LandCentury.Com, LLC meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public. BBB accreditation does not mean that the business’ products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business’ product quality or competency in performing services.
Web Site Anti-Malware Scan
GeoTrust is the world’s second largest digital certificate provider. More than 100,000 customers in over 150 countries trust GeoTrust to secure online transactions and conduct business over the Internet. Our range of digital certificate and trust products enable organizations of all sizes to maximize the security of their digital transactions cost-effectively.
The GeoTrust Web Site Anti-Malware Scan includes a daily malware scan to detect malware and alert you with detailed information to respond quickly to the attack. What happens if malware is detected on this web site? If malware is discovered, the GeoTrust Web Site Anti-Malware Seal no longer displays. When the scan confirms that all instances of malware are removed, the seal displays again.
If you feel that you have been a victim of real estate fraud, there are many resources available for you as the victim. Your first step is to contact the local District Attorney’s office and report the incident. Our office will stand by you and provide any relevant information to support your claim. Here are additional agencies that can assist you and provide more resources: