Created on Monday, January 12, 2015
Updated on Monday, February 26, 2018
by Land Century
North Port on the Rise
Residential land in North Port is proving to be a very lucrative investment. As previously mentioned, the citys population swelled in recent years. For example, there were just 22,000 people residing in the city in 2000. The population almost tripled within just 10 years making it one of the most popular, in-demand cities in the state.
How Fast is North Port growing?
Sarasota saw its sold homes rise by 6.4 percent from the month before and a whopping 16.6 percent from the previous year.
North Port in turn saw that its average home price increased by 4 percent over the year. What does this mean in numbers?
- Single-family homes average a $207,000 sale price as of October.
- Condos also saw a rise of 4.8 percent with the median condo costing $162,000.
These are staggering figures and something that should pique the interest of any investor.
Acreage for sale in North Port often comes ready to build a dream home. Included in many lots are:
- Paved road access
- Utility lines
- Access to city water and sewer
The city makes it so easy for an investor to purchase land and build it up to be sold at a later date. Many of our clients have also chosen not to build on their land. Instead, theyre waiting until the population grows more and land becomes even scarcer. Talk about a no-expense investment.
However, land that is on the west coast will sell for more than land on the east. Why? The west is in a closer proximity to the ocean. If there is one thing that Floridians love, it is enjoying the beautiful ocean waters. South North Port is also home to the beautiful waters of the Charlotte Harbor which is a prime location.
Current Market Prices
North Port has seen a surge in investors buying North Port cheap acres in an attempt to build and resell the property at a higher price. With inventory much lower than in other areas of the state, such as Lehigh Acres, smart investors know that they need to jump on prime opportunities as fast as possible.
We have seen the current trends in the area:
- Prices on the rise
- Properties being sold rapidly
- Cash buyers receiving steep discounts
Some of the properties in our inventory that have recently sold are:
- .23 acres of prime residential land with electricity and paved road access for just $3,900. The best part is that taxes were just $342.
- An oversized lot featuring 12415 square feet of space with electricity for just $3,600. The buyer plans to build a house on the lot immediately.
- One investor bought a buildable lot for $3,300. The best part is that this very same lot sold for $42,000 in 2006.
- Three residential lots were bundled and sold for under $12,000. Each lot spanned .24 acres and electric and paved road access were present. This lucky buyer received .72 acres of prime land in North Port.
Building residential-homes seems to be the preferred method of making a solid ROI. Condos are on the rise, but the cost of these properties is still far below single-family home costs. North Port, FL land for sale also comes with one added benefits: attractions.
North Ports location puts you smack In the middle of a broad variety of entertainment favorites. You can spend the day playing disk golf at the Regional Park or golf club while your counterparts are taking a bike ride at Fishermans Village. Consider a short trip to Fort Myers for a real live Pirate Ship cruise or give the kids a fun day at the amusement park. While youre in Fort Myers you should have dinner on the murder mystery train, the food is awesome and who doesnt like a mystery.
Dont miss the chance of a lifetime for a seaplane ride to Sanibel Island, and if you like planes, the international air show is even closer to home at Punta Gorda Airport. The casino life is abound- from the local business to the Seminole casino slightly north you can definitely find your winning place.
The most well-known Florida attractions are only three hours away. Legoland is opening soon at Disney Orlando and Universal is expanding too. There is always something new at these places. When you return home, take time to enjoy a sailboat cruise. It is an incredible experience. You simply couldnt be better positioned to partake of all South Florida has to offer. Naples and Key West to the south and Anna Maria Island to the north, this is the corridor for all types of amusement.
A vibrant nightlife and great locals make this one of the best cities to visit. Not only does this mean owners get to have fun, there is a lot of potential to rent out properties and earn a recurring income every month.
The hottest locations in town are:
- Zios Pizza: A terrific pizza place that cooks authentic Italian pizza in brick ovens. This is a great place to go out to eat and have fun.
- Performing Arts Center: The only place to enjoy the arts. Performances from local talent will perform amazing shows at affordable prices.
- Heron Creek Golf Course: Anyone that wants to enjoy a day out on the golf course will love the relaxing atmosphere and great staff at Heron Creek.
North Port is on the rise and seasoned investors are buying land right now.